An Ocean freight Export operator is required by a major freight forwarding, transport and logistics organisation. The role is to provide an ocean freight export service to their major clients, multimodal.
ROLE: Ocean Export freight Operator
LOCATION: North West
BASIC SALARY: Up to £30k
BENEFITS: Pension, healthcare etc.
- Communicate efficiently and effectively (via use of VDU's, fax machines, telephone, etc.) with internal and external customers, suppliers, and other offices, as required by operational procedures, ensuring a high level of customer service is maintained in a timely manner.
- Liaise with other Agents offices in the UK and abroad, reporting any discrepancies or specific requirements.
- To analyse/reconcile data and highlight any problem areas and solve where possible.
- Maintain awareness of company procedures to enhance the standard of output, i.e. keeping up to date company concepts, technical procedures etc.
- To provide a backup support to directly related management, i.e. training, answering telephones,
- Ad-hoc exercises to assist in any unusual projects that are necessary.
- Ensure legislative compliance in all areas.
- Ensure effective/timely communication on behalf of the manager to ensure smooth running of the department.
- Ensure that the company operates within all agreed operational procedures, and within statutory requirements including the provision and maintenance of a safe working environment.
- Reporting, tracking
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Looking for an experienced multi modal Ocean freight forwarding professional, export, ocean freight experience required.