Are you looking for a new challenge in a business that is going through rapid change?
Then if you are we are looking for an ambitious innovative and self-driven Director of Operations to join our Solus Aviva Family who will be responsible for overseeing the overall business operations strategy at a time revolution in the automotive sector.
In this position, you will manage and control diverse business operations and functions, providing a forensic lens to operational performance and to lead and co-ordinate all the operational business activity within Solus.
As a member of the Solus leadership team, the Director of Operations will be expected to provide outstanding leadership across the business to ensure a collaborative working environment which focuses on our purpose of getting customers back to normal, understanding what matters to them and delivering against it through our principles and key measures. A key part of the role will be the requirement to act as an advocate for Solus among the wider Aviva community and the broader industry community.
You will need to be innovative and lead on strategic thinking which will enhance our competitive advantage as a group as well as engaging with our culture that promotes ethical practices, customer focus and encourages integrity aligned to Solus and broader Aviva values.
A further key part of the role will be strategic planning and prioritising for Solus whilst demonstrating a positive and ethical working climate that is conductive to attracting, retaining, and motivating a diverse group of high performing employees.
- Lead all internal operational employees to ensure that they are appropriately motivated and trained and carry out their responsibilities to the required standard.
- Contribute to the development of the company’s corporate strategy and lead strategy development in all organisational operations to ensure that the company achieves its short and long-term objectives.
- Develop and implement all necessary policies and procedures to facilitate management control and to ensure that all internal operations achieve their business objectives.
- Develop and control all operational budgets to ensure that the company has all the resources required to meet its objectives within agreed financial parameters and to maintain the financial strength of the company. To provide clear decision making while considering P&L accountability and challenges.
- Develop and maintain all necessary systems and procedures to ensure that company operations comply with all legal requirements and meet agreed operational standards.
- Regularly review operations to ensure that these meet required standards and recommend changes where necessary.
- Develop and maintain the organisation’s structure and processes and provide for effective management succession for all internal operations.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with all stakeholders inc. Solus MD, Solus board, Solus SLT, Aviva leadership team, Solus leadership teams, and Thatcham board to ensure that there is effective co-ordination of all company activities in support of corporate objectives.
- Act as the company’s main adviser on all issues relating to operational functions and keep abreast of latest developments to ensure that the Company maintains its competitive position.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Extensive experience in operations management.
- Significant experience of the industry.
- A degree or equivalent and relevant professional qualifications.
- Operational delivery.
- Strategic thinking.
- Commercial acumen.
- Analytical skills.
- Financial performance knowledge.
- A strong focus on delivery.
- Influencing across spectrum of hierarchy.
- Customer advocacy.
- System thinking/process improvement skills.
Who are Solus and what can they do for you?
Solus is one of the largest body repair groups in the country, employing over 900 expert people across 25 UK locations and have repaired over 700,000 vehicles in the last 15 years.
- Our excellent benefits and rewards packages.
- Employer matched pension contributions up to 7.5% (service dependent).
- Discounts on Aviva products and services.
- Savings and benefits schemes.
- Discounts and schemes for electric vehicle purchase for all employees.
- Holding several main manufacturer approvals - Jaguar, Land Rover, Mercedes Benz, BMW, Mini, and Volkswagen.
- Well known for prestigious award winning in the industry, customer service, apprenticeships, and IT systems fields.
- Links with Thatcham to get the best products and training here in the UK.
- We have a variety of locations, hours and working patterns to suit our customers, business, and you.
- We interview every disabled applicant who meets the minimum criteria for the job.
Excited but not sure you tick every box? We are inclusive - we want applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We are looking for individuals who can grow and support our business and we expect to do the same for you.
We recognise that we can only achieve our vision with the dedication and collaboration of our specialists. This is an excellent time to join a rapidly growing business and help us to shape the future.
Please apply online and our recruitment team will be in contact within 7 days