OTE: £30k to £50k
Join the UK’s largest repair group in this fantastic opportunity as a Paint Prepper Technician at our busy workshop in Benfleet.
As a Paint Prepper Technician, we know there’s no better feeling than seeing a customer's vehicle at the front of the workshop, waiting for them to collect it – it what our business is built on.
As part of a team of specialists you will prepare vehicles and panels ready for application of topcoats and clearcoats, the preppers role is preparing vehicles fully before painting: masking, sanding and other necessary preparation work. The Preppers job also includes ensuring that equipment used is operated in accordance with defined safety requirements. Our Bodyshop is fast paced and exciting with lots of opportunity to make an incredible difference and apply your expertise and skill. In the job of Prepper, you will be prepping many different marques of vehicle. This means performing preparation to an extremely high standard. It is also important for you as a Prepper to fully understand different prepping/paint techniques, so you are fully up to date. This is an ideal role for someone who is not quite an experienced painter but willing to learn from paint sprayers within the business.
The workshop in Benfleet completes over 120 repairs a month and you’ll join a great team of 9 Technicians. As a busy site, we ensure you are supported by our team working face-to-face with customers to let you focus on what you’re great at. Most of our work in Benfleet is for our insurance partners and supporting our Northgate Vehicle Hire sister company with their LCV fleet). It is a great place to be.
Why choose FMG RS?
Of course, we offer a fantastic basic salary, but there’s much more to being a Paint Prepper Technician at FMG RS than just that. Some of our most popular benefits include (but aren’t limited to) …
• fantastic monthly bonus schemes
• free life assurance
• well-being services (incl. Health Cash Plan, Dental Plan & Travel Insurance)
• discounted, flexible Gym memberships
• exclusive employee vehicle-leasing schemes
• pension & save-as-you-earn share scheme
• Our Benefits App offering unlimited access to a huge range of retailer discounts and cashback deals (incl. Tesco, Asda, Currys, B&Q & Wickes to name just a few)
We’re going places …
- We’re a key part of one of the UK’s largest Automotive plc’s, Redde Northgate – few other businesses can offer you the volume, variety and long-term security as us;
- You’re rewarded for your part in our success – lots of customers means lots of work to share, which in turn means lots of opportunity to boost your earnings through our fantastic bonus schemes;
- We invest in you – We believe everyone should have the opportunity to better themselves and look to progress, not just within FMG RS but the wider Redde Northgate Group;
- We’re growing – it’s an exciting time for the industry and we’re committed to being at the cutting edge, investing in everything from our workshops, our Training Centres through to our EV capabilities;
Join the FMG RS family
With the best people in the industry within our Group, we really believe that no one else can do what we do as well as us. So what are you waiting for?
Apply to be our newest Paint Prepper Technician today!