Our client is a UK’s leading vehicle fleet management company located throughout the UK. And they are now recruiting for a Paint Sprayer/ Panel Beater based at their Portbury site.
The role will cover our new day shift and cover the 554 shift, essentially operates as follows:
5 days on 5 days off, 4 on 4 off, 5 on 4 off, 4 on 5 off, and then repeats itself.
*Nightshifts for this position would be available too, also paid at a typical 15% uplift in shift allowance*
Essentially, the responsibility of the Paint Sprayer/ Panel Beater painting all vehicles using our dedicated paint system to our refinishing standard, engaging in occasional filler work, small-medium jobs.
What you'll be doing:
- Preparing vehicles for painting, as per the detailed instruction, and using appropriate
tools to rub down paintwork where small dents or chips are located.
- Rubbing down primer to a smooth finish.
- Rubbing down filler to a smooth finish.
- Using orbital sanders to remove small chips in the paint.
- Preparing vehicles with masking paper to protect areas not required for painting.
- Using the appropriate filling material, where small chips or dents need filling.
- After painting, using fine paper to remove blemishes and dirt in the paint.
- Attending all training programmes as necessary and when instructed.
- Maintaining a clean and tidy working area at all times.
- Sending completed vehicles to the valeting team.
- Painting vehicles to the required standard.
- Using primer to cover chips or filled dents.
- De-masking any masking paper.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Significant exposure working in a similar position i.e. Paint Sprayer, Bodyshop Painter, Prepper, Strip & Refit etc
- Significant exposure using orbital sanders.
- Ability to work fast and efficiently.
- Team player.
Benefits & Incentives:
- 23.5 days holidays and an extra day for your birthday.
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Up to 5% salary matched pension scheme
- Wellbeing and healthcare benefits
- Training and development opportunities
Plus many many more!
We are also in need of the following positions at this location too, if you are to know of anyone that may be weighing up their options to which may suit these roles, please let me know; roles are listed below:
- Preppers/ Maskers
- Strip Fitters
- Vehicle Technicians (Entry Level - L3 & MOT Testers)
- Wheels Specialists
If this role is of interest to you, please send your CV to Cookie Britten at HP4 Recruitment as directed.