Scope of Position:
Responsible for painting of components to be finished to customer and internal standards within paint facility.
To spray paint in accordance with the Company’s standards and processes. The task demands a right first time manner to maintain the Company’s high quality standards within a fast moving production environment.
- Responsible for preparing parts and assemblies for painting
- Willingness to take direction from team leader and follow that direction and to be a self-starter when not working under direct supervision
- Mix paint and other materials according to specification or formula
- Ensure facility and spray painting equipment are in good working condition
- Responsible for the identification and separation of non-conforming parts or materials and report them to team leaders
- Utilize spray gun and apply paint in conformance with all specifications
- Employ heat or oven paint drying techniques for special purpose finishes
- Monitor equipment operation to discover defects/deviations from standards, and make necessary adjustments
- Wear and maintain your respiratory and personal protective equipment at all times.
- Follow company requirements to select paint, and match colours.
- Follow company process and procedures
- Responsible for material and minor maintenance.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Experience of Carbon Fibre would be advantageous
- Highly motivated self-starter with an appetite for problem solving
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Attention to details
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also take independent initiatives when the need arises.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Good work ethics