Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for a Parts Advisor who takes pride in providing excellent customer service and has a passion for working with the best.
Based at our Doncaster VMU branch, you will be responsible for the smooth and efficient running of the Parts Department.
- Supply parts to customers
- Cover and support the service desk duties
- Order parts in line with operational needs and chase suppliers
- Check incoming stock against delivery notes and store stock in correct location, updating computer with goods received
- Assist with delivery and collection of parts as required
- Ensure adequate stock control is maintained and assist with regular stock take
- Deal with customer needs face-to-face and over the phone with a professional and friendly approach
- Assist with other duties as and when required
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- Previous experience in a Parts department
- Experience with handling warranty
- Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to build positive relationships with the customer and to interpret customer needs
- The ability to work as a team player in a busy department
- Computer literacy
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Flexible approach to working hours to allow cover for holidays / training
- Ability to work on own initiative under pressure
- Full driving licence
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes a pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes and discounts on major retail outlets including groceries.
At Scania we invest considerably in colleague development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
We have a strong and supportive culture, where each individual is seen, respected and has the potential to contribute. We trust each other to act and make decisions, and we believe in a more flexible future workplace based on individual needs. For us, diversity and inclusion is a strategic necessity. By having colleagues with the widest possible range of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, we ensure we have the right people and together with an inclusive corporate culture, this drives our business forward. We want our colleagues to feel proud and happy to work for us, no matter where they are from or who they are, and we strive to achieve an inclusive and family-friendly environment for everyone.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; CUSTOMER FIRST, RESPECT FOR THE INDIVIDUAL, ELIMINATION OF WASTE, DETERMINATION, TEAM SPIRIT and INTEGRITY in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.