Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for a Parts Customer Support Advisor.
Based at our Head Office in Milton Keynes this role will suit a Parts Supervisor or someone in a vehicle parts role who wishes to progress their career. This opportunity will allow an individual to get involved and make a difference while working for a leading commercial vehicle manufacturer. You will be providing support for our retail dealer network to help maintain Scania’s high levels of customer service.
At Scania we invest considerably in staff development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
- Providing support to the retail dealer network with any enquiries relating to our parts logistical routines
- Coaching and training the retail dealer network on internal parts processes and good working methods
- Continuously improve and develop parts identification & logistical processes
- Coordinate development projects in line with the Parts Operations business objectives
- Implementing new processes
- Developing ISIT systems
- Training programme development
- Liaising with the relevant teams across the business
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- Demonstrate good level of automotive knowledge, commercial vehicle would be preferable
- Demonstrate strong computer systems knowledge, including Excel, AS400 systems and Kerridge /Autoline
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Excellent telephone manner and ability to provide customers with clear information
- Able to show accuracy and to have the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Able to pay excellent attention to detail and have strong troubleshooting skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Commercially aware
You may have experience of the following: parts identification, project co-ordinator, project co-ordination, parts supervision, commercial vehicles, vehicle maintenance, and technical support.
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes a pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes and discounts on major retail outlets including groceries.
At Scania we invest considerably in colleague development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
We have a strong and supportive culture, where each individual is seen, respected and has the potential to contribute. We trust each other to act and make decisions, and we believe in a more flexible future workplace based on individual needs. For us, diversity and inclusion is a strategic necessity. By having colleagues with the widest possible range of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, we ensure we have the right people and together with an inclusive corporate culture, this drives our business forward. We want our colleagues to feel proud and happy to work for us, no matter where they are from or who they are, and we strive to achieve an inclusive and family-friendly environment for everyone.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; CUSTOMER FIRST, RESPECT FOR THE INDIVIDUAL, ELIMINATION OF WASTE, DETERMINATION, TEAM SPIRIT and INTEGRITY in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.