Multimatic is a global automotive supply company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world. Its UK-based engineering division, Multimatic Technical Centre Europe (MTCE), is a leading supplier of engineering and vehicle development services to major automotive OEMs and a growing number of niche vehicle manufacturers. Specialties include suspension systems, vehicle dynamics, carbon fibre structural components, mechanisms and mechatronics.
Location: Multimatic Technical Centre Europe, Unit 1, Thetford, Norfolk, IP24 1HB, United Kingdom
Manages the day to day operations of the Flexible Manufacturing Line.
- Manage the activities of the supervisors on each of the shifts to ensure an efficient and safe operation of the department.
- Determine and ensure that productivity levels are met.
- Ensure compliance to customer quality levels and expectations.
- Provide input to projects for acquisition and development of new equipment.
- Analyse scrap material costs and causes. Utilize reports, quality records, production reports, and performance indicators.
- Ensure timely try-out and phase-in of modified production equipment due to engineering changes or process improvements.
- Co-ordinate the proper timing of engineering changes to minimize obsolete stock and ensure production at the required engineering level.
- Review all operator instructions and ensure the readiness of assembly equipment, packaging requirements, and completion of all manufacturing engineering tasks.
- Maintain a daily presence on the production floor
- Aid in the development and monitor methods designed to improve manufacturing efficiencies and company profitability.
- Prepare reports and KPIs each month.
- Attend and participate in all required meetings including production and pre-production meetings. Ensure the timely communication of this information to necessary individuals.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities, assist or lead projects as required.
- Manage performance: communicate job expectations and conduct employee evaluations for all department members on an end of probation basis and an annual basis.
- Determine employee development and/or training needs for department members on an annual basis.
- Abide by all company safety rules, responsibilities, policies, and procedures including the legislative requirements of the OHSA.
- Supports all company and department activities associated with meeting the goal in the “Presidents Message”
- Adopts and practices Kaizen principles and concepts, participates in continuous improvement and GEAR activities.
- Follows all general procedures as indicated in the General Procedures section of the Level 3 Procedures Manual.
- Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management systems (e.g. TS 16949, ISO 90012014).
- Maintains working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
MANAGERIAL / SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITES:
Directly leads a team. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a supervisor/management role.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, communication, and leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge of automotive production department equipment and processes.
- Training and experience in quality assurance, maintenance, production planning and project management.
- Working knowledge of MRP systems.