We are seeking a Purchase Ledger to join Marshall Motor Group’s Accounts department, based at our Head Office. This role offers an experienced accounts professional the opportunity to work with some autonomy. This full-time, permanent role reports to the Accounts Office Manager.
What does a typical day involve?
- Manage bank postings for the assigned group of sites in your area
- Maintain and update the sales and purchase ledgers
- Access assigned bank accounts to download required transaction history
- Complete all required cyclical accounting processes in a timely and accurate manner
- Strive to achieve a consistently high standard of reporting, to ensure that accurate information is always available from which to make decisions
- Develop and maintain professional working relationships with colleagues, customers, suppliers and external representatives
What type of experience is required?
To be successful in this role, you will have previous Accounts experience, ideally with supporting qualifications (or part qualified), and intermediate to advanced IT skills. In addition to your previous experience, you will demonstrate the following skills:
- Outstanding attention to detail and quality focus
- Strong communication skills with the ability to work effectively with others
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- A commitment to the Marshall Values of People, Customers, Integrity and Innovation
Why Marshall Motor Group?
Marshall Motor Group is a multi-award winning company with strong values that put our people and customers at the heart of everything we do. Recently being recognised by the Great Place to Work Institute as one of the UK’s Best Large Workplaces, we have approximately 4,000 colleagues and a turnover of over £2billion; we are still growing! Benefits available to our colleagues in addition to generous salary packages include:
- Colleague discounts on new and used vehicles, parts and servicing
- MAVTA reward and recognition awards
- £2000 Colleague Referral Bonus
- Marshall Rewards discount shopping portal
- Life assurance at no cost to you
If this sounds like you, please submit your application today to be considered for this exciting opportunity