As an RAC Recovery Driver, you will be on the front-line looking after our members whose vehicles cannot be repaired at the roadside. You will be an integral member of RAC, and key to our continued growth and delivery of exceptional service!
Who are we looking for?
- Naturally, you will get a real kick out of helping people and have a passion for dealing with a variety of people and taking control of the situation in a professional and sensitive manner.
- You are happy working efficiently on your own with the support of the RAC behind you, with a flexible approach to meet the needs of our business and ultimately our members.
- A logical thinker who enjoys problem solving and can focus on the task at hand under potentially dangerous conditions.
- Great situational awareness, ensuring the safety of self and members, to minimize risk of accident or injury.
- You will have excellent vehicle handling skills and a fan of driving in all conditions!
- You’ll have a full driving category C driving licence (HGV 2) as a minimum, along with a Driver CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) qualification, and your digital drivers/tachograph card.
- You embrace new vehicle technology and are not adverse to using modern computerised equipment, as well as the traditional favourites!
What can we give you in return?
- We offer a highly competitive salary with additional benefits including pension, life cover, a generous holiday entitlement, breakdown cover for you and your household and access to a comprehensive Flexible Benefits Scheme (which you can tailor to suit your lifestyle).
- Not only will you have a comprehensive induction, but you’ll also have access to the latest vehicle technology, along with support from technical experts based in out head office.
- The opportunity to develop your career further into different areas of our growing business.
- All weather, purpose made #orangeheroes roadside workwear (no cape attached!)
Start your journey with us now and apply.