Reporting into the Head of Business you will responsible for managing a team of Sales Executives playing a hands on role new and used vehicle sales, finance and insurance, buying, marketing and stock display, this will include stacking finance proposals and valuing part exchange vehicles.
As General Sales Manager your responsibility is to ensure our customer’s sales needs are met by ensuring customer service standards remain market leading and that your team is promoting correct services and products to our customers. Your pitch and website should be presented to the highest of standards and your used cars priced appropriately.
A true motivator you will lead and coach a team of Sales Executives to ensure our customers leave the dealership satisfied pleased with their purchase. You will be a true business leader drilling down into the financial statement on a monthly basis of the business and reporting accordingly.
More about the role:
- People management of the sales team
- Ensuring customer satisfaction metrics are hit
- New and used car display and online presence
- Motivation of the sales teams
- Target management
- Stacking finance proposals
- Part exchange valuations
- Site management
- Used car stock buying and pricing
More about you:
- You should be a proven Sales Manager in a large franchised dealership, ideally with the Volkswagen family.
- Enjoy working to KPIs and tight deadlines.
- You should be an experienced people manager and have worked in a fast moving business.
- Experience managing used cars is key, buying and retailing.
A bit more about the family
Founded in 2003 by Michael Smyth and his three sons, David, Peter and John, Swansway has grown from five motor dealerships in Cheshire and the West Midlands to the 20 dealerships we have today. From Birmingham in the South to Carlisle in the North we partner with eleven brands including; Audi, Volkswagen, Land Rover, Honda and many more.
We’re expanding our own-brand, Motor Match our used sites, and we don’t stop at dealerships; we operate four Volkswagen Group Trade Part Centres, an Accident Repair Centre, a Group Fleet Sales Centre and an eBay shop re-cycling obsolete parts. All this is supported by our Head Office in Crewe.
But, it’s not what we do that makes us the company we are, it’s how we do it; it’s our family heritage that sets us apart, with the Smyth family playing a hands-on role in the day-to-day running of the business; we genuinely care about our customers and our Swansway family and that makes us a great place to work. We live Our caring, honest and proud values which is why our long service boards are brimming with names who’ve been with us five, ten and fifteen years!
Benefits of working for Swansway Group:
- Company pension scheme
- Company vehicle
- Life assurance (death in service benefit)
- Holidays that increase with length of service
- Long service recognition
- Cycle to work scheme
- Annual flu jab
- Discounts on products and services
When you join Swansway, you’re joining a family; so, if you enjoy, and thrive, in an inclusive family atmosphere, apply to join us now!