Job Title: Security and Car Parking Officer
Salary: up to £22,213
Hours: 37.5 per week(seven-day rota, variable, flexible hours including weekends and bank holidays)
Location: 60 Grove End Road, London, NW8 9NH
We are looking for an experienced Security and Car park Officer to join our team at HJE. The post holder will provide a high quality, prompt and efficient service to patients, staff and visitors. The post holder will be patrolling, maintaining car park barriers, will be dealing with difficult situations and investigating incidents also providing proactive crime prevention.
The role will require to work weekends and bank holidays as part of the rota. There are no clinical duties required in this post.
The Car Parking / Security Department provides a wide range of services created by the demands of the hospital and the delivery of clinical and non-clinical support to provide the very best patient care.
Located in leafy St John’s Wood on the Jubilee line, minutes from Central London, our independent private Hospital has just been rated the number one in the country for care in the latest Bupa survey. Uniquely, all profits fund our onsite Hospice, St John’s.
Am I the right person for this Security and Car Parking Officer role?
Good general standard of education
Have an understanding of basic Health & Safety principles
Effective monitoring of hospital car parking areas
Lone working and work without supervision
Experience of dealing with difficult situations
Ability to record information accurately
Managing difficult situations
Ability to communicate effectively with patients and staff
What are the Responsibilities of this Security and Car Parking Officer role?
* To work as a member of the Estates & Facilities Team in all areas of the site. Must be expected to demonstrate a flexible attitude and approach to their work, to meet the needs of the service
* Responsible for ensuring that the car park service meets the needs and expectations of patients, visitors and clinical teams
* To work within a seven-day roster and to work variable flexible hours, including weekends and bank holidays
* Work closely in clinical areas with patients who demonstrate abusive and aggressive actions towards staff and other patients
* Patrol the site as directed according to the needs of the hospital in order to best protect staff, patients, visitors and hospital property
* Undertake general security checks of the site ensuring the integrity of all access and entry points
* Patrol of car-parks and external grounds, ensuring the prevention and reduction of crime and re-assurance of staff and visitors
* Control vehicle access to & from the hospital and assist with authorised parking
* Assist with vehicle / passenger queries
* Prevent parking obstruction and maintain external access to roads and paths
* Block off parking spaces when requested by the Estates Helpdesk
* Assist passengers with any disability with any disability who request/ require assistance into/out of the hospital
* Attend and report any problems with the hospital car park barriers
* Assist with traffic management throughout the day
* Assist with privacy and dignity requirements when undertaking mortuary duties
* Ensure goods delivery vehicles do not cause any disruption whilst off/on loading and ensure they are parked appropriately to the delivery point
* Be a member of the Fire Response Team
* Any other duties as designated by the Estates and Facilities Management
* To work as part of a team and communicate in a polite, courteous and positive manner
* To report any mechanical defects, pest sightings or building environmental faults immediately
* To report any accidents or potential hazards immediately
* To demonstrate diligence whilst on duty and report any concerns to your Supervisor
* To be responsible for the safe and secure handling of keys and door codes to departments, wards and clinics
* Check & validate visitor and contractor credentials
* Liaise with emergency services, police, ambulance and fire services to resolve issues and
* maintain site security
* Escort individuals off the premises
Why apply for this role as Security and Car Parking Officer?
At our organisation we are passionate about providing our employees with a supportive and engaging environment. As well as ongoing development and training, we offer our employees a wide range of benefits; from 27 days annual leave, generous private healthcare cover, contributory pension schemes – including continuation of the NHS pension.
Working with us, all eligible employees receive;
Competitive pay with progressive band structuring
Private healthcare cover of up to £20,000 per year
Ongoing training and development programmes
Discounts at local, national and online shops
Interest-free season ticket loans
Cycle to work loan scheme
Employee “Service Excellence” recognition rewards
If you are ready for a new challenge and relish the chance to become part of a successful, forward thinking organisation then we would love to hear from you
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.