Thomas Hardie Commercials Ltd is a main distributor for Volvo Truck, Bus and Coach throughout the North West of England and North Wales.
We believe our people are our greatest asset and our aims are to be the best supplier to the best customers and to be the best employer to the best employees.
Thomas Hardie prides ourselves on providing excellent levels of customer service first time every time. We value our people highly and want to invest in them by providing the right levels of support and skills required to really make a difference in the products and services which we provide. Training and development are an integral part of our business and we regard the development of our employees as fundamentally important.
Working for us you would be representing a brand whose industry-leading innovations make you proud as well as working for an award-winning employer who have been named Volvo's Dealer of the Year for an impressive 3 years running!
Are you ready to share your talent and enthusiasm with us?
A development opportunity has arisen for a motivated, professional and versatile individual to join the Service Department based at our Preston site working Monday to Friday from 8am to 4.30pm. The role will cover the Preston and Lancaster regions and will primarily be based at Preston, although the candidate will be required to work from either site as required.
Reporting to the Business Manager, the main purpose of the role is to provide an efficient administration support service to the department at locations across the group ensuring all repairs are invoiced to a high standard.
The role will also be responsible for:
- Invoicing and meeting budgets and agreed department targets
- To chase and maintain WIP (work in progress)
- To supervise holidays for the Service and Parts Departments and Workshop if required
- To control Parts warranty operator claims and SCC goodwill claims
- To complete various times and wage reports and customer cost sheets
- To control quote gun invoicing
- To process warranty/VCM administration and reconciliation if required
- To assist with sublets and any related queries
- To collate TMA information when requested
- Any other duties as and when required by Senior Management reasonably within your capabilities.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Previous experience working in an administrative role. Experience within the commercial vehicle industry would be an advantage
- Confident and well organised with the ability to work well as part of a team as well as on their initiative and under pressure
- Excellent communication skills and computer literate with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office particularly Word & Excel.
- A flexible work approach to Month End and able to travel to and work from other THC depots as required.
- Have a full and current UK driving licence.
- We offer class leading rates of pay, plus Company profit share.
- Company sick pay scheme and Employee Assistance Program.
- Personal pension with enhanced contributions and death in service benefit for pension members.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Enhanced paternity and maternity benefits.
- Free on-site parking.
- Loyalty holidays.
- Excellent personal development and training opportunities.