Marshall Motor Group's internal recruitment function are looking to recruit another Recruitment Assistant to join the team. We’re keen to find a brilliant team member with the right attitude and ambition to start a career with us. Experience is great, but we don’t necessarily need that!
You would be recruiting specifically for Technicians in the Automotive Industry, resourcing for the best talent for our network of over 150 dealerships across the UK.
Based in our Cambridge Head Office, although with flexible home-working available, and reporting to the Technician Recruitment Advisor, this role offers the opportunity to be involved in an exciting new chapter for Marshall's successful internal recruitment function.
- Sourcing candidates for specific job vacancies, using talent pools as well as direct sourcing
- Working with hiring managers to discuss their requirements and keep them updated with the recruitment process
- Create and post engaging job adverts for internal and external audiences, including social media
- Phone screen incoming applications to create shortlists of suitably qualified and motivated candidates
- Scheduling interviews for candidates and provide updates on the application process and ensuring a great candidate journey
- Provide feedback to unsuccessful candidates by phone post interview
- Negotiate offers of employment with successful candidates and collate required documents for offer paperwork
We’re also constantly seeking new ways of recruiting, so you’ll be involved in multiple projects to share ideas, be creative, and to make Marshall’s recruitment team even more brilliant!
Skills and Experience
Due to the nature of this position within the team you don't necessarily need experience within recruitment to be successful, however 6 months+ within either an internal function or recruitment agency would be hugely beneficial.
To be successful in this position you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Excellent Communication skills – this really is a role where you will be dealing with a variety of people both inside and outside of the business
- Able to follow process and gave great attention to detail.
- Good MS Office skills, with the ability to pick up new internal system
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability to influence others
- Outstanding organisation and time management skills with the ability to manage multiple concurrent open roles at various stages
- A strong customer service focus with both candidates and hiring managers
- Good work ethic – this is a fast paced and busy role
Marshall Motor Group is a multi-award winning company with strong values that put our people and customers at the heart of everything we do. Recently being recognised by the Great Place to Work Institute as one of the UK’s Best Large Workplaces, and by the Motor Trader awards, where we were named Employer of the Year for 2020, we have approximately 4,000 colleagues and a turnover of over £2billion; we are still growing! Benefits available to our colleagues include:
- Generous colleague discounts on new and used vehicles, parts and servicing
- MAVTA reward and recognition awards
- £1,000 - £2,000 Colleague Referral Bonus
- Marshall Rewards discount shopping portal
- Life assurance at no cost to you