Due to our continued success as one of the country’s leading suppliers of heavy commercial vehicles we have an exciting opportunity for a Service Advisor who takes pride in providing excellent customer service and has a passion for working with the best.
Based at our Aberdeen Branch you will be responsible for acting as a single point of contact for the customer, providing relevant, accurate and timely information through each stage of the service process, ensuring customer expectations are met and exceeded. You will also maximise service and parts profitability through the use of professional sales techniques, loading workshop schedule to maximise workshop capacity utilisation. Sell additional products, services and repair works in a professional manner. Maximise customer awareness of all available retailer services.
You will also receive excellent training at our bespoke training centre to develop you to the next level.
SERVICE ADVISOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work in progress (WIP) control for workshop
- Deal with customer needs face-to-face and over the phone with a professional and friendly approach
- MOT and service scheduling
- Updating customers with vehicle progress
- Clarify for the customer and workshop the basis for repair – Retail | Warranty | Contract.
- Check account detail and level of credit left, obtain authorisation and obtain order numbers from customers
- Inform customer of outstanding campaigns and arrange for work to be completed.
- Take responsibility to ensure customer reception area is maintained to a professional standard at all times.
- Assist with other duties as and when required
KEY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE:
- Excellent customer service skills
- Proven organisational skills
- Proven administrative skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to work as a part of a team
- Computer literate
- Able to work on own initiative and under pressure
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft systems (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of the automotive industry and of the Autoline computer system would be desirable
Working for Scania is not just about the job. It’s about you too, and this is where the company goes the extra mile, and provides an industry leading employment package. We offer an excellent benefits package which includes a pension scheme, complementary life insurance, financial incentive schemes and discounts on major retail outlets including groceries.
At Scania we invest considerably in colleague development and training and you can expect to receive comprehensive training to provide opportunities for career progression not only in the UK but throughout our Global organisation.
We have a strong and supportive culture, where each individual is seen, respected and has the potential to contribute. We trust each other to act and make decisions, and we believe in a more flexible future workplace based on individual needs. For us, diversity and inclusion is a strategic necessity. By having colleagues with the widest possible range of skills, knowledge, backgrounds and experiences, we ensure we have the right people and together with an inclusive corporate culture, this drives our business forward. We want our colleagues to feel proud and happy to work for us, no matter where they are from or who they are, and we strive to achieve an inclusive and family-friendly environment for everyone.
Scania is dedicated to delivering exceptional products and services to our customers and the successful candidate will reflect our core values; CUSTOMER FIRST, RESPECT FOR THE INDIVIDUAL, ELIMINATION OF WASTE, DETERMINATION, TEAM SPIRIT and INTEGRITY in all we do.
If you feel you have the skills and expertise for this challenging role then please apply today.