Sherwood Truck and Van – South Normanton
We are recruiting for a Service Manager based at our South Normanton site.
Northern Region Service Manager & Head of Sentinel
Hours of Work:
45 Hours per Week, Monday to Friday
Increased Holiday Entitlement with Length of Service, Recruitment Incentive Awards, Long Service Awards, Health Care Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Company Car and Bonus Scheme.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Service Manager to join Iveco’s largest dealer group. Within this role you shall be responsible for overseeing the service department within the depot as well as managing a team of technicians, providing support and assistance with the aid of the Workshop Controller. This is a hands-on role ideal for someone with previous experience in managing people.
In return you shall receive a competitive salary with excellent company benefits and the opportunity to progress your career.
The role is based at South Normanton, Derbyshire.
· Manage all Service Department procedures with the aid of Workshop Controller
· Fully support the Workshop Controller, in his daily routine and take control of any ongoing issues.
· Be available to give the Workshop Controller advice and assistance on technical matters
· Ensure all clock cards are reconciled each day for the admin department.
· Ensure service reception and workshop control manage planned events including MOT bookings, PMI’s and services including workshop loading.
· Ensure T card’s system is live and accurate, further to ensure scheduled bookings show up to two weeks in advance and confirmed both two weeks and two days in advance.
· Ensure the night shift work is confirmed two weeks, two days in advance and on day of booking, all parts for repairs and servicing are on the shelf and marked with the job No. Ensure that the work is prioritised and collection times noted in conjunction with the Workshop Controller.
· Manage and oversee the daily operation of service department, to include daily checks.
· Ensure that service reception has obtained starts up numbers for ALL work, including further updates for all additional work, job cards are opened accurately to include all driver defects, including instruction on collection times. Taking special note of all cash sale customers.
· Take full control of the WIP on a daily basis to ensure that every effort is made to ensure the WIP is kept under the KPI levels, questioning all old jobs to ensure prompt close down.
· Ensure warranty and R&M procedures are adhered to at all times, and correct authority is obtained from the manufacture or R&M provider before any work commences.
· Review all warranty jobs to ensure coded and fully compliant to the manufacture warranty standards before sending for costing.
· Ensure all outstanding campaigns are added to the job sheet on creation, with a copy of the campaign included in the job set. Ensure a second check is carried out for any outstanding campaigns on job completion
· Ensure all service paperwork is completed and available for the customer to view on r2c.
· Monitor in conjunction with the Workshop Controller that all job cards and paperwork is filled in correctly with the required information; jobs sheets completed with clear accurate defect repair information and split times on repairs carried out, parts listed, and sheets signed off.
· Dealing with customer queries and or complaints in a timely manner.
· Ensuring at the end of your shift each day there is a full hand over from you directly of any ongoing issues that need to be aware of.
· Provide quality reports on time and consistent with the current standards.
· Managing, coaching and motivating employees to ensure that targets and business objectives are met.
· Management of the service department budget.
· Take overall responsibility for depot including
o Health & Safety
o Alarm, fire tests etc.
· You must have a solid background within the HGV Service sector
· Technical background within the HGV Sector is preferred
· Must possess the ability to communication well with customer and colleagues across different department, both face-to-face and via email and telephone.
· Organised and methodical approach to problem solving with attention to detail.
· The ability to work under pressure.
· Experience of working at a similar level within the Commercial Vehicle Industry
· Ability to demonstrate your knowledge, skills and achievements in a successful retail and service management position
· Excellent commercial acumen, with superb communication skills and an ability to influence at levels within the business
Sherwood Truck and Van, part of Guest Group is proud to be the UK’s largest Iveco Dealer Group & Fiat Van Dealer, we have been a family owned and run business for over a century.
The Group now operates out of 13 full service dealerships spanning across the East Midlands, West Midlands, North Wales, Cambridgeshire, Leicestershire, Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire, Staffordshire and South Yorkshire.
Do you want to work for the largest Iveco and Fiat Van Dealer Group in the UK?
Would you like to join a family owned and run Company with over 100 years trading behind it?
If so then this may be the job for you!