Multimatic is a global automotive company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world. Its newly formed Cambridge (UK) based electronics division, Multimatic Electronic Systems (MES), will meet the growing needs of our automotive customers in electronics hardware and software control. Combining our new products with Multimatic’s existing expertise in suspension systems, vehicle dynamics, mechanisms and mechatronics will enable us to go to market with complete active suspension, active aero and powered door products to our customers in the future.
We are seeking an Embedded Software Engineer to join our growing engineering team based in Milton Hall in Cambridge (UK). You will be developing software for a new range of Multimatic automotive electronic control units. The highly capable engineering team you will be joining is split between Cambridge (UK) and Toronto (Canada) with customers spread across the globe.
You will be working on a range of projects delivering to different customer with varied requirements. The software team operates as a shared resource ensuring there is plenty of opportunity to move across projects. We need someone who is happy to work with others, is able to communicate well and most importantly embraces our culture - finding ways to say “yes”, meeting all commitments, being flexible, embracing challenges and ensuring we deliver excellent solutions to our customers
Cambridge CB24 6WZ
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Working with the engineering team you will be responsible for developing and maintaining ECU code for prototype and production systems conforming to OEM and international standards. Software includes applications for power module for high-current vehicle applications such as; brushed and brushless motors, predominantly on 32-bit microcontroller ECU’s for vehicle hardware.
- Lead the verification, validation and testing of developed software solutions for assigned projects, performing both white-box and black-box level tests for the developed software.
- Work within a team in an agile manner allowing for flexibility and self-management to complete tasks.
- Ensure processes are correctly followed whilst, also working with the team to utilise and improve any area in the development or testing process which can be improved.
- Working with 16/32-bit microcontrollers, Infineon Aurix family an advantage.
- Device-driver-level and application-level software development (BSW & ASW).
- C programming including MISRA Coding Standards, Embedded C.
- MATLAB, Simulink, Stateflow, or Labview.
- Communication protocols such as: CAN, LIN, SPI, SENT, XCP, UDS.
- AUTOSAR development tools / methodology.
- Configuration Management / version control.
- Defining SW requirements, designing SW to meet requirements. Use of ALM or requirements management tools.
- Working with A-SPICE work processes.
- Understanding of DC and BLDC motors and controllers.
- ISO 26262 including a good understanding of the ASIL risk classification scheme.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration / automated build systems such as Jenkins.
- Scripting languages such as CAPL, python. Happy to learn new languages and find open source solutions when suitable.
- Exposure to ISO 14229 Road vehicles -- Unified diagnostic services tools and disciplines.