Multimatic is a global automotive supply company providing hardware and engineering services to OEMs around the world. Its UK-based engineering division, Multimatic Technical Centre Europe (MTCE), is a leading supplier of engineering and vehicle development services to major automotive OEMs and a growing number of niche vehicle manufacturers. Specialties include suspension systems, vehicle dynamics, carbon fibre structural components, mechanisms and mechatronics.
MTCE is seeking an SQA to improve the end-to-end supply chain performance of product and service suppliers. This includes: the development of supply chain-related procedures and processes; supplier assessment and qualification; management of supplier concerns; leading/coordinating supplier APQP activities; management of problem resolution and other quality/purchasing improvement initiatives and activities.
The role includes assessment of the current supplier base to identify, evaluate and develop suppliers capable of providing cost-effective quality components for existing and future projects. We are looking for someone who is a confident communicator at all levels, and who is prepared to travel regularly throughout the UK, with occasional European and rest of world travel. The remainder of the role being based at our brand new facility in Thetford.
Unit 1, Wyatt Way, Thetford, IP24 1HB
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carrying out supplier qualification assessments including detailed on-site process audits (to automotive standards)
- Preparing sourcing recommendations based on the results of supplier assessment activities
- Communication and implementation of supplier quality and inspection requirements
- Leading the implementation of supplier development activities with the aim of delivering year-on-year supplier QCD improvements
- Establishing supplier scorecards monitoring quality, delivery and commercial performance
- Leading the successful implementation and owning the delivery of specific APQP / PPAP for New Product Introduction and sourcing activities
- Working closely with Quality, Engineering, Manufacturing and Programme Management on supplier selection for new products and services
- Approving new products and services in line with company procedures
- Dealing with specific non-conforming product containment incidents, identifying root causes and ensuring robust and rigorous problem resolution in a timely manner
- Leading supplier monitoring visits and audits, both in the UK and overseas, as required
- Supporting the implementation and subsequent maintenance of systems and processes to ensure compliance with the ISO9001 Management Systems standard
- Analysis and reporting of supplier quality incidents.
- Collate and deliver monthly management status report
- Support and adhere to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management systems.
- Maintain a working knowledge of safety policies and regulations to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE POSITION:
- At least 3-4 years’ experience
- Experience gained in a supply chain quality environment, preferably in high volume automotive manufacturing business, but not essential
- Experience of automotive supplier assessment and selection activities
- Experience of auditing both internal and supplier processes
- Experience of supplier development programmes to drive quality improvements
- Knowledge of APQP tools and techniques (including FMEA and Control Plans)
- Knowledge of statistical analysis, process capability and problem resolution tools (8D, 5 Why, 6 Sigma etc.) and techniques
- Knowledge and experience of automotive product development process and activities
- Good communication and professional presentation skills for customer and supplier interfacing
- Capable of organising and managing priorities, utilise problem solving techniques
- Commercial analysis and budgeting skills, experience of working to customer contract terms
- Computer literate, with advanced MS Word, Powerpoint & Excel skills/abilities, MS Project expertise preferred
- Experience of IATF16949 standard an advantage.
- Minimum HNC/HND third level qualifications.
- Preference will be given to candidates with Degree level in Mechanical Automotive Engineering, but this is not essential