What we are looking for?
We are looking for a transport coordinator to join our traffic team at Premier Point Staithgate Lane, Low Moor, Bradford BD6 1DW. You will be an excellent communicator, highly organised and an excellent problem solver with a positive, can-do attitude. You will be confident and experienced enough to bring innovative solutions to the table. You must also be computer literate, with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Outlook and able to manage your own work time to achieve timed daily duties. To be successful in this role you must be a team player, that can be relied on to complete tasks to the highest continuous standards.
- Planning the drivers and fleet to achieve set planned deliveries.
- Efficient routing of the fleet to maximise and maintain customer service whilst ensuring legal compliance with driver working hours and fuel utilisation.
- Assisting the rest of the team in other functions within the office.
- Provide a high level of efficient and effective planning and co-ordination within our operations.
- Utilise and allocate all company assets in a cost-effective manner at all times.
- Monitor road transport laws and regulations and ensure compliance.
- Ensuring compliance with Company Health and Safety rules for all staff and operatives.
Skills / Experience
- Local geographical knowledge.
- A background in day to day transport is essential.
- Palletised distribution and pallet network experience would be an advantage.
- Previous planning experience would be an advantageous