Job no: 532036
Work type: Full time
Site: Milton Keynes
Categories: Auto Technician, Autocentre Colleagues
This role is based at our Milton Keynes Winterhill centre and is full time, working 44 hours per week.
Do you have a passion for all things motor vehicle? And great customer service skills?
Whether you already have experience as a Tyre Fitter or would join us as a Trainee, we’ll give you the training you need to take your career forward.
You’ll be making recommendations to customers, ensuring they leave with exactly what they need, whether this be around tyre quality, tracking or alignment, ensuring the vehicle is safe to use. And you’ll be able to explain it all to your customers in clear and simple terms.
Safety is everything in this role, so you’ll need to be committed to the highest standards of compliance as well as quality workmanship. We’ll train you in all of this as well as how to find tyre, steering and suspension faults and identify solutions.
You’ll be happy to work with targets, in a team, and to work efficiently to enable us to help as many customers as possible.
For success in this role, you’ll need:
· Experience of delivering great customer service face to face and by telephone
· Experience of making recommendations to customers
· Excellent verbal communication skills, able to communicate at all levels
· An interest in working with cars and a passion for all things motoring
· Current full valid driving licence with a maximum of 6 points
· Commitment to learning new skills and develop a career within the tyre industry
Ideally, you’ll also have at least one of the following:
· Level 2 in Light Vehicle Maintenance
· Some experience of working on cars, either as a hobbyist or in a technical capacity
· Experience of working to—and achieving—targets
· Experience with in-house systems
You’ll enjoy a competitive salary, 25% colleague discount across the Halfords Group and access to a wide range of discounts on everyday goods, financial products and services, as well as being able to access our industry leading training to take your career to the next stage.
With over 300 UK Autocentres we are one of the UK’s leading MOT, car service, brakes, repairs and tyres specialists. Join us and be part of our success story in getting the nation safely back on the move.
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.