Vehicle Damage Assessor - Hinckley
OTE: £30k - £45k OTE
Salary: Up to £37,500 per annum depending on experience with company benefits and bonus scheme on top of this.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Vehicle Damage Assessor to join the UK’s leading Accident and Collision Repair specialist in our busy, growing site in Hinckley.
As part of a team of professionals you will undertake the inspection of damaged vehicles, assessing the full extent of the damage, costs of repair and timeframes. An important aspect of this job is to identify the correct prescribed repair method and prepare, record and maintain records of electronic and manual estimates. You will then liaise effectively with insurance companies to obtain their authority to repair the vehicle at the costs estimated. You will also effectively liaise with customers engineers and technicians to explain and ensure they understand the repair methodology.
Our Bodyshop is fast paced and exciting with lots of opportunity to make an incredible difference and apply your expertise and skill. In the job of Vehicle Damage Assessor, you will be responsible for assessing many different marques of vehicle. This means keeping up to date with all repair methodologies and it is also important for you as a Vehicle Damage Assessor to fully understand different insurers and manufacturers literature and bulletins. Another very important aspect of the job is teamwork as you will be working with other colleagues in the Bodyshop as well as across other functional areas. Your aim: ensuring we get their vehicle back on the road safely and in quick time.
You will report into the General Manager who is as passionate about customer service as they are about their team and is absolutely determined to make their Bodyshop the best in group. There is a family feel and buzz where everyone helps each other to achieve the goals of the site and to ensure our customers are consistently delighted with the service we provide. It’s an amazing team!
Key to your success is your ability to produce work that complies with the highest technical and quality standards and, above all, helps us deliver on our service commitment to customers.
- You have a number of years of experience of being a VDA with all the latest knowledge of using Audatex systems.
- You to produce consistent estimates with a right first-time approach
- Ideally you are qualified to NVQ level 3/City & Guilds or ATA qualified with a solid Bodyshop background – whether the job at hand is routine or more complex, you will know just how to solve it.
- You come from a fast-paced background – you know how to work in a standard job time structure with a focus on producing compliant, high-quality work.
- You will have a full UK/EU Driving Licence
- You get involved in every part of our business – you take pride being part of the FMG Repair Services team and are keen to help colleagues with a hands-on, can-do approach to getting things done.
- You take pride in providing a great customer experience each day - you understand what is important to your customers and suppliers.
As a Vehicle Damage Assessor, we offer:
- A competitive starting salary with an amazing bonus scheme.
- Additional employee benefits (including employee assistance, life assurance, pension, colleague assistance programme, retailer discounts and IMI (ATA) accreditation support through our very own academy etc.)
- A clear career development pathway and our commitment to supporting your professional development through in-house and industry-recognised training.
- The opportunity to work with and service world-renowned automotive brands including Ford, Mercedes and Vauxhall.
Be part of the future of FMG Repair Services
Press the Apply button now to start your application