Our client, an established Bodyshop is looking for a Vehicle Damage Assessor in the Milton Keynes area to join their busy team. The basic salary on offer is £35k - £40k dependent on your training and qualifications with a bonus available on top.
Our client is looking for someone who has a proven track record in estimating for at least 2-3 years as a minimum and is able to communicate with the customer to sell services.
- Carrying out estimates accurately, in detail acceptable to the Manager and sending these to customers in a timely manner.
- Ensuring you clearly identify and understand the customer’s needs and desires.
- Maintaining a thorough understanding of the full range of competitors’ products and services.
- Informing customers of additional repairs needed over and above those estimated for, including approximate costs and revised completion. Upselling additional work or extra work found upon the vehicle being stripped out for repair.
- Liaising with insurance companies / third parties to access necessary claim information.
- Carrying out all estimate follow-ups.
- Handing over completed vehicles ensuring customer satisfaction with work carried out.
- Making sure a constant communication is adhered to at all times with approved repairer.
- Assisting the Bodyshop manager to achieve recorded completion dates or advise Bodyshop Administrator of issues affecting completion date. You will be asked to assist if the estimate needs to be updated.
Ideally you will be ATA Accredited but it’s not a must.
If you feel this role is for you please apply straight away as this is a role that will be filled quickly.
Working hours - Monday to Friday 8am – 5.30pm. Saturdays are rota’d as 1 in 4 or 5 and are paid as time and third overtime pay.
For further details on this Vehicle Damage Assessor role and other jobs in the motor trade please submit your CV to Adam Curtis of ACS Automotive Recruitment Consultancy.