Our client is a UK’s leading vehicle fleet management company located throughout the UK. And they are now recruiting for a Vehicle Technician / MOT Tester based at the Southampton site.
The role will cover our new day shift and covers 5 days out 7 whichever way appropriate, and essentially operates as follows:
- 42 Hours p/week - 5 days out of 7 MON - SUN *ROTA
*ROTA: 08:30-17:30 MON-SAT / 10:00-18:00 SUN / Day off midweek when working SAT or SUN*
Essentially, The responsibility of the Vehicle Technicians will be for the diagnostic, repair, service and maintaining vehicles to a good quality standard as specified by the manufacturers or warranty requirements.
What you'll be doing:
- Carrying out servicing and general repairs, stripping, fitting and replacing components on vehicles.
- Identifying faulty components and ensure underlying problems are resolved.
- Ensuring all consumables and parts ordered are logged against job cards.
- Carrying out Vehicle Health Checks and basic diagnostics.
- Carrying out class 4 MOT testing to VOSA standards.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Significant vehicle diagnosis and repair experience
- Full Driving Licence required
- Previous experience working in a similar role
- High attention to detail and quality of work
- Ability to work fast and efficiently
- Level 3 Qualification in Maintenance & Repair (Or equivalent)
- Company Uniform: Trousers, Polo, Hoodie, Jacket, Hi Viz, Cap, Beanie, and Safety Boots.
- 33 Days Holiday (Inc English bank/public holidays) + an extra day for your Birthday!
- FREE Calm app subscription (Usually £74.99)
- Contributory Pension (Up to 5% matched)
- £500 Employee Referral Bonus.
- Discretionary Annual Bonus.
- £100 Annual Wellbeing Fund.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Health Care Scheme.
- Help to buy Car Loan.
- Optical Costs.
We are also in need of the following positions at this location too, if you are to know of anyone that may be weighing up their options to which may suit these roles, please let me know; roles are listed below:
- Vehicle Technicians (L2 - L3 & MOT Testers)
If this role is of interest to you, please send your CV to Cookie Britten at HP4 Recruitment as directed.