Warehouse Team Leader
Reports to Job Title
Markham Vale 1 - Chesterfield, Derbyshire, DBY S44 5HY GB (Primary)
Job Title: Warehouse Team Leader
Site: Markham Vale 1 (Chesterfield, Derbyshire)
Shift: Monday-Friday 6-2/2-10
Great Bear is an award-winning 3rd Party UK business of Ambient products, providing nationwide dedicated and shared user warehousing and distribution solutions.
We are now recruiting for an Warehouse Team Leader on a full time, permanent basis at our Markham Vale 1 site!
A complex operation delivering high levels of service for a brand market leader, as the successful candidate you will play a vital part in delivering exceptional service to the customer. Reporting to the Shift Supervisors you will contribute to the success of the site by supporting the day-to-day running within the warehouse, ensuring that all service and cost targets are met or exceeded, that all Health & Safety requirements are met and that the highest standards of housekeeping are maintained. There will also be a requirement to deputise for the Shift Supervisors in their absence.
* Assist the Warehouse Management Teams in co-ordinating any issues within the warehouse.
* Ensure the proper and timely completion of all warehouse activities to strict deadlines and quality standards.
* Ensure compliance with the company’s Health & Safety policy and procedures through safe systems of work and practices, good housekeeping and the provision of information and training to the warehouse team to ensure total safety awareness.
* Offer regular feedback, formal and informal, on team and individual performance including personal development plans,
* Assist the First Line Managers in controlling levels of planned and unplanned absence.
* To participate as an active member of the shift team, and to offer suggestions for solving problems, improving efficiency, quality and team working.
* Accountable for delivery of Operational performance within a zone i.e. Productivity, KPI’s, Accuracy.
Skills and experience:
* Enthusiastic and showing a “can do” attitude with good interpersonal skills.
* Ability to efficiently lead, motivate and influence a team of colleagues.
* Flexibility within the role to be able to learn to supervise in a variety of areas within the warehouse.
* Able to demonstrate a high level of attention to detail.
* Must be a team player who is capable of working on their own initiative.
* Able to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
* Should demonstrate the drive and desire to progress and be keen on self-development.
* Must be flexible in approach to work and required shift patterns.
* Should have good written and spoken communication skills.
* A good understanding of general warehousing and distribution practices
In return, we offer: pension scheme, childcare vouchers and great staff facilities. Hospital, dental and optical, training and development and MANY MORE!
When our staff have passion for what they do they work with more care and attention which is reflected to our clients, Click APPLY NOW to #JoinOurWinningTeam and begin your career today!
Monday - Friday
Start / Finish Times
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.