Our client is a UK’s leading vehicle fleet management company located throughout the UK. And they are now recruiting for a Wheel Specialist/ Trainee at their Portbury site.
The role will cover our new day shift and cover the 554 shift, essentially operates as follows:
5 days on 5 days off, 4 on 4 off, 5 on 4 off, 4 on 5 off, and then repeats itself.
* This Position is for a Nightshift, paid at a typical 15% uplift in shift allowance*
Essentially, We're looking for Wheel Prep Technicians/ Alloy Paint Technicians to join our fast-growing team. You will be trained to be responsible for preparing wheels for diamond cutting and painting/lacquering.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Preparing wheels for painting/lacquering using shrink-wrap to protect the tyres on non-diamond cut wheels
- Updating internal IT systems at each stage of the wheel refurbishment process
- Sending vehicles to the next department as instructed by the internal IT system
- Balancing every wheel prior to refitting to the vehicle
- Using shot-blasters to key-up alloy wheels
- Using orbital sanders to remove small chips/scuffs in the alloy wheel
- Ensuring wheel nuts are torqued to the recommended settings
- Maintaining a clean and tidy working area at all times
Required Skills & Experience:
- Full Driving Licence Required
- Ability to work fast and efficiently
- Excellent attention to detail
- Team player
- Prior experience in a similar role would be beneficial
Benefits & Incentives:
- 23.5 days holidays and an extra day for your birthday.
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Up to 5% salary matched pension scheme
- Wellbeing and healthcare benefits
- Training and development opportunities
Plus many many more!
We are also in need of the following positions at this location too, if you are to know of anyone that may be weighing up their options to which may suit these roles, please let me know; roles are listed below:
- Paint Sprayers/ Panel Beaters
- Preppers/ Polishers
- Vehicle Technicians (Entry Level - L3 & MOT Testers)
- Wheels Specialists
- Preppers/ Maskers
- Smart Repairers (Trainees)
- Wheel Specialists (Trainees)
If this role is of interest to you, please send your CV to Cookie Britten at HP4 Recruitment as directed.