An exciting opportunity has arisen for a successful and motivated Workshop Controller to work within a successful Main Dealership in the Grays area of Essex. The basic salary on offer is £35k, plus bonus and other benefits including 22 days holiday, pension scheme and Bank Holidays off etc.
* Do you have a City and Guilds Level 3 or equivalent NVQ qualification in Motor Vehicle maintenance?
* Or are you a Service Advisor looking for a step up?
* Are you enthusiastic, friendly and helpful?
* Can you be committed to delivering an unparalleled level of customer service?
Then please read on.....
You will be responsible for controlling and coordinating the activities of the workshop staff and ensure the highest quality of work is carried out at all times. You will ensure that productive efficiency is maintained at 100% at all times and that department profits are achieved. You will also need to be able to cover the duties of the Service Advisors during holidays and training courses etc..
You will also be expected to:
* Allocate work to technicians and apprentices with due consideration to their knowledge and skills.
* Ensure all work is completed timely and are accurate, managing the customer's expectations at all times
* To report and seek advice on any problems highlighted whilst work is being conducted so that these may be overcome and the customer kept informed where delays result
* Report to the Aftersales Manager the position of the unfinished jobs still in the workshop at the end of the working day and during the day.
* Make weekly maintenance checks on workshop equipment, i.e. compressor oil levels etc.
* Ensure loan cars and drop car checks are completed in line with company policy.
* To ensure all work is carried out with due regard to health, safety and welfare of both colleagues and customers
* To keep up to date with all technological developments
* To comply with all Company policies and procedures
* To support all team members and work together for the benefit of the dealership
Working hours are 8:30am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday, 1 in 3 Saturdays 8:00am to 2:00pm
If you would like to hear more about this role, please apply today.
For further details on this Workshop Controller role and other jobs in the motor trade please submit your CV to Stacey Hunt of ACS Automotive Recruitment Consultancy