Our client has an exciting opportunity for a successful and motivated Workshop Controller to work within a Main Dealership in the Bury St Edmunds area of Suffolk. The basic salary is crica £30k, OTE £35k.
* Do you have experience managing or supervising a workshop?
* Have you got a resilient personality with a drive to succeed?
* Are you enthusiastic, friendly and helpful?
* Can you be committed to delivering an unparalleled level of customer service?
Then please read on.....
You will be responsible for controlling and coordinating the activities of the workshop staff and ensure the highest quality of work is carried out at all times. You will ensure that productive efficiency is maintained at 100% at all times and that department profits are achieved.
You will also be expected to:
* Allocate work to technicians (9) and apprentices (1) with due consideration to their knowledge and skills.
* Ensure all work is completed timely and are accurate, managing the customer's expectations at all times
* To report and seek advice on any problems highlighted whilst work is being conducted so that these may be overcome and the customer kept informed where delays result
* Report to the Aftersales Manager the position of the unfinished jobs still in the workshop at the end of the working day and during the day.
* Make weekly maintenance checks on workshop equipment, i.e. compressor oil levels etc.
* Ensure loan cars and drop car checks are completed in line with company policy.
* To ensure all work is carried out with due regard to health, safety and welfare of both colleagues and customers
* To keep up to date with all technological developments
* To comply with all Company policies and procedures
* To support all team members and work together for the benefit of the dealership
Working hours are 8:00am to 6:00pm Monday to Friday, 1 in 3 Saturday's 8:00am to 12:00pm
If you would like to hear more about this role, please apply today.
For further details on this Workshop Controller role and other jobs in the motor trade please submit your CV to Adam Curtis of ACS Automotive Recruitment Consultancy