Represent a leading Automotive brand whilst working for Automotive Management "Dealer Group of the Year" 2021
“Marshall Motor Group have recently been named Employer of the Year at the 2021 Motor Trader Awards, the 2nd year in row we’ve been recognised in this way”
Marshall Motor Group is a multi-award winning company with strong values that put our people and customers at the heart of everything we do. Recently being recognised by the Great Place to Work Institute as one of the UK’s Best Large Workplaces, we have approximately 4,000 colleagues and a turnover of over £2billion; we are still growing! Benefits available to our colleagues in addition to generous salary packages include:
• Colleague discounts on new and used vehicles, parts and servicing
• Additional Holiday Days added for length of Service
• Training and continual Self Development
• MAVTA reward and recognition awards
• Free Eye Care Vouchers
• Up to £2000 Colleague Referral Bonus
• Marshall Rewards discount shopping portal
• Life assurance at no cost to you
We are seeking a Workshop Controller at Marshall Motor Group’s Volkswagen dealership in Scunthorpe. This role will see you lead day to day operations for our busy service operation, supervising and motivating a team of technicians. Reporting to our Service Manager, this role is offered on a full time, permanent basis offering an extremely competitive salary and a generous bonus scheme.
What are the key accountabilities?
- Lead, manage and motivate a team of qualified and apprentice technicians
- Allocate work orders to technicians, and manage technician clocking on/off, and rostering
- Ensure workshop operations meet brand standards for quality by conducting regular quality checks on completed works
- Drive service profitability by ensuring maximum time save and upsell
- Manage and update workshop technical solutions including eVHC and service booking database
- Provide outstanding customer service to service customers both face to face and by phone
- Assist and work closely with the Service Advisor team as required
Do I need experience?
To be successful in this role, you will have experience as a Workshop Controller, Technician or Service Advisory background ideally from a franchised dealership (brand experience flexible). You will also have intermediate IT skills, ideally with experience in administrating eVHC software. In addition to your previous experience, we are seeking individual who display the following attributes:
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team
- A professional and calm approach with strong customer service skills
- Strong problem solving skills, with the ability to foresee potential barriers
- A commitment to the Marshall Values of People, Customers, Integrity and Innovation
If this sounds like you, click ‘Apply Now’ to submit your application.