40hrs a week
Why work for us:
We’re evolving, innovating and growing at a rapid pace and we’re ambitious and excited about the future in every single area of our business in Europe.
Our scale and scope are unmatched – we’re a century-old business that is the world’s largest automotive services company. But that’s not what makes us great. Our 2,500+ team members in Europe do that every day, as they collaborate with each other to bring out the best in everyone.
We thrive on what makes us different – and we empower our people, clients and communities to come together and celebrate each other’s unique abilities and perspectives. Inclusion is an essential part of both our culture and our business strategy.
Our sense of social responsibility is ingrained in our culture. We believe we should be ‘stewards of the world we live in’, so whether it’s volunteering, fundraising, focusing on health and wellbeing or improving our environmental footprint, we love doing things to support the causes we’re passionate about.
MVS is an evolving business supporting customer de-fleet, multiple remarketing channels and a complete range of vehicle preparation services. This requires an agile and responsive operational function able to support a variation of process. As we develop the range of services delivered and expand our customer base, the operations team including gate-in, Swift or other defined processes, inspection, imagery and all variations of vehicle preparation.
Daily management of the workload.
- Correct part fitment, identifying incorrect parts supplied with the Parts Department.
- There will also be a focus on ensuring the correct health and safety standards/procedures.
- Follow manufacturer guidelines in the service process
- Following manufacturer processes in carrying out vehicle repairs
- Ability to deliver work on time and to a high standard
- Able to use diagnostic skills to establish basic fault finding
- Continuous Development to work on changing products and to keep up to date with a changing market.
- Basic understanding of EV vehicles
- Ability to provide a concise and legible write up of work carried out
- Must have a full UK driving Licence.
- Excellent communication.
- Vehicle Qualifications at a minimum of NVQ Level 2 or equivalent
- Ability to adapt to new systems and able to adapt to an ever-changing product gaining knowledge through supported programmes and applying in practical application
- The ability to read and analyse data.
- Able to use own initiative and be flexible, reacting to change quickly and effectively.
- Able to work as part of a team to ensure successful delivery of the demands of the department.
- Strong time management and organisational skills with the ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines.