Job Title: Yard Operative
Location: BCA Bedford, Blackbushe, Bridgwater, Manchester, Crawley, Newcastle, Measham, Derby, Peterborough, Perry Barr, Brighouse, Wolverhampton, Walsall and Livingston
Salary: £18,604 - £19,240 per annum dependant on location
Working Hours: Various hours and day's availble from: Monday to Sunday minimum of 20 hours per week up to 40 hours per week including weekends, with day's off in the week.
Job Status: Permanent
Who we are
We’re the biggest name in Europe’s vehicle remarketing industry, selling vehicles across 60 locations and with a turnover of £2billion. We believe our people are the best in the business, they are friendly, expert and professional.
BCA is so much more than selling cars, from the dock to defleet and beyond, BCA touches over 3.5m vehicles a year, working with OEMs, fleet operators and dealers to provide the backbone of the UK's automotive supply chain. From technical and logistics services for new vehicles, refurbishment, storage and logistics for the growing used sector and the core remarketing and auction operation, BCA offers the economies of scale and diversity of services to meet the needs of an impressive portfolio of customers.
Why work for BCA
We are always interested in talented people to join our team. Because our employees are so important, we treat them properly. We try to make working for BCA rewarding in every sense, including a positive work environment, training and development opportunities as well as exciting career options.
As a company we are very charity focused with regular events taking place throughout the year to support various charitable organisations.
Purpose of the role:
To assist with the daily operations of a busy auction centre.
- Store and park all vehicles on site between the yard and the auction halls, via agreed valet/wash services
- Responsible for jump starting vehicles when needed, on-site training provided
- Maintain a safe driving standard and adhere to speed limits on site at all times. Take care and responsibility of all cars in your care and adhere to site and national speed limits at all times
- Assist customers if needed
- Ensure that the Company’s health and safety standards and practices are adhered to in the yard & halls so that accidents to vehicles and people are prevented
- Politely refer any issues, queries or complaints to the relevant manager
- Undertake any other tasks in the yard department to ensure that operational requirements are met
- Take on other responsibilities outside of normal role as required
- Able to follow instructions and work to tight deadlines
- Be comfortable driving automatic and manual vehicles
- Confident to drive light commercial vehicles
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
- Willingness to help other departments when needed
Knowledge and Experience:
- Valid full UK drivers licence
- Experience of working in an auction or vehicle sales environment
- First aid qualification
We offer plenty of benefits to our staff including:
- Onsite parking
- 23 day's holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Eye care scheme
- Access to BCA Rewards which provides online and store discounts with a range of retailers
- Cycle to work scheme
- Training/apprenticeship offering
- Deals on new cars
- Company pension scheme