This is a rare opportunity to join PEP Automotive Ltd. a leading UK Automotive Consultancy.
PEP Automotive has been providing training and consultancy services to motor manufacturers and importers and their dealer networks since 1993.
Operating on a worldwide basis, we have a unique and specialist expertise in all aspects of motor dealership and retail operations, with a clear focus on delivering significant improvements in efficiency and profitability
PEP Automotive has built a considerable reputation for its work in the development of best practice in used vehicle management, providing results-driven practical coaching which leaves lasting benefits with dealership personnel and ongoing positive impact to the bottom line.
This specific task is a subcontracted position with a leading automotive manufacturer and requires a comprehensive knowledge of the UK used car market.
The role is field based, covering 45 dealer locations with a home location ideally in or around the Midlands. You will work with, and be supported by a team of 4 consultants engaged on the project
Function of the Role
The main and primary purpose of the role is to ensure that the annual sales volumes of the Used Car Business Plan is achieved
Overview of position
1. Establish a close working relationship with key dealership personnel
2. Utilise development strategy to establish the dealers’ strengths and weaknesses. Provide a bespoke development programme unique to each dealer for used vehicle performance improvement.
3. Add tangible benefits to each dealer which can be easily measured and monitored relative to the dealer’s used car performance
· Key field based operating relationships must be developed with Dealer Principals, Sales Managers and other senior Dealer Personnel, as appropriate, to ensure understanding, ownership and delivery of the programme
· Increase dealer focus on used car business
· Increase volume/profitability of used car business
· Review all aspects of the dealer’s used car operation to provide a platform for instigating best practice
· Increase dealer awareness and usage of manufacturer systems and supporting programmes
· Create dealer visit reports providing key information to assist with the used performance improvement
· Utilise PEP Automotive strategies for performance improvement for the dealer network
· Respect the manufacturer’s and dealer’s brand image
Skills and expertise
- A well-developed knowledge of UK used car operations is required
- Planning, communication and reporting skills of the highest level
- A reasonable level of keyboard skill is required
- Daily travel and overnight stays are required in this role