AM Online

McAllister demands Fiesta premier at Scots' show

Ford of Britain chairman and managing director Ian McAllister demanded that the new Fiesta be given its first UK showing at the Glasgow-based show, which runs from November 9-18.

A Ford spokesman said: “Scotland is a crucial market to us and we have always done our best to support the show. “We shall continue to do so and we believe our decision will further consolidate our position as market leader in the country.”

Ford, which took 13.6% of the Scottish market last year, will also display the all-new RS Focus.

Fiat's all-new Stilo 3dr and 5dr hatchback will make its UK debut prior to going on sale in February.

Honda will lift the wraps off the all-new 4x4 CR-V and Jazz 4dr city car, Vauxhall will show its Signum II Concept and Zafira GSi Turbo, while Volvo will reveal its in-house designed D5 five-cylinder diesel engine.

Scottish Motor Trade Association chief executive Douglas Robertson expects the show to attract more than 100,000 visitors.

“After the cancellation of the London show, we were determined to make sure the Scottish Motor Show went ahead,” he said. “We've attracted a host of evocative names, and with them a significant number of UK first appearances.

“We have striven to ensure we have a show which generates business for exhibitors and provides entertainment and excitement for visitors.”

If you are not a registered user your comment will go to AM for approval before publishing. To avoid this requirement please register or login.

Comment as guest


Login  /  Register

Comments

No comments have been made yet.