Research by RV experts CAP reveals it costs 14.5p per mile to run over three years and 60,000 miles.
Combined with a purchase price of £4,699 delivered, makes it the most affordable car in the UK.
CAP's top 10 pence per mile winners
1. Perodua Kelisa EX 5-door (14.5 ppm)
2. Toyota Aygo 1.0 VVT-i 3-door (15.2 ppm)
3. Perodua Kelisa GXi 5-door (15.6 ppm)
4. Toyota Aygo 1.0 VVT-i 5 door (15.6 ppm)
5. Perodua Kelisa GXi SE 5-door (15.7 ppm)
6. Citroen C1 1.0i Vibe 3-door (15.8 ppm)
7. Toyota Aygo 1.0 VVT-i + 3-door (15.9 ppm)
8. Toyota Aygo 1.0 VVT-i + 5-door (16.2 ppm)
9. Chevrolet Matiz 0.8 S 5-door (16.2 ppm)
10. Citroen C1 1.0i Vibe 5-door (16.2 ppm)
"Despite only retaining 23 per cent of its value new, the low front-end list price of £4,699 for the Perodua Kelisa means the least money lost over a three-year period of ownership, making it the cheapest car in Britain to live with," said CAP Monitor, forecast manager, Jeff Knight.