Volkswagen has announced a new entry-level specification and two additional engines for its Scirocco coupé which are now available to order.
Prices for the entry-level 1.4-litre TSI 158bhp start at £18,790. VW believes the entry model will open up the possibility of Scirocco ownership to a wider audience as previously customers could only spec the coupe in range-topping GT trim.
The new entry-level and GT models are now available with Volkswagen’s 2.0-litre TDI 138bhp common rail diesel engine linked to either a six-speed manual or six-speed automatic DSG gearbox.
The entry level trim includes six-CD auto-changer, rain and dusk sensor, multifunction computer, air conditioning and 17-inch ‘Donington’ alloy wheels as standard.
Safety features include ABS, ESP and six airbags as standard.
Scirocco model line-up and pricing
• 1.4-litre TSI 158bhp six-speed manual £18,790
• 2.0-litre TDI 138bhp six-speed manual £19,515
• 2.0-litre TDI 138bhp six-speed auto DSG £20,845
• 2.0-litre TSI 198bhp six-speed manual £20,940
• 2.0-litre TSI 198bhp six-speed auto DSG 22,270
• 2.0-litre TDI 138bhp six-speed manual £20,440
• 2.0-litre TDI 138bhp six-speed auto DSG £21,770