Volkswagen has launched a list of 10 commitments it is promising its aftersales customers.
The promises cover all areas of vehicle ownership and have been devised following VW’s own research within its dealer network to determine what customers really expect and want.
VW insists that it is not a “gimmick or short-term campaign” and made clear that some dealers will already be providing the elements of “the promise”.
Alison Jones, head of customer services and aftersales, said: “We recognise that for the majority of customers, it’s not a lot of fun having their car serviced or repaired.
“But the promise is all about making maintaining their Volkswagen more predictable, cost-effective and stress-free.
"The Volkswagen brand stands for reliability and certainty and this is what we’re trying to guarantee from a service point of view.”
Over 85% of dealers in the network have signed up to the new Service Promise which promises the following to customers:
- We’ll match any like-for-like quote within five miles: The retailer or authorised repairer (AR) will match any like-for-like written quote for service, maintenance and repair using Volkswagen genuine parts from any garage within a five mile radius.
- We’ll fit bulbs and wiper blades free: The retailer or AR will fit wiper blades and exterior bulbs (including sidelights, headlights, brake lights, fog lights, reverse and indicator bulbs) bought from the retailer or AR free of charge. A competitive quote will be offered for the replacement of interior, xenon or LED lights.
- We offer free visual health checks: The retailer or AR will give a free 34-point check of all the car’s ‘basics’, with no obligation.
- We offer affordable monthly service plans: All Volkswagen models (subject to age) will be offered with a ‘retailer service plan’, a monthly payment schedule to spread the cost of routine servicing.
- Free MoT tests with your retailer service plan: All customers who take out a retailer service plan will receive free MoT tests for the life of the plan.
- We offer ‘real’ value for money: All the right service, maintenance and repair jobs will be carried out according to Volkswagen’s recommended times; a two-year parts and labour warranty is standard on all parts fitted after the manufacturer’s warranty has expired (excludes wear and tear items).
- No one knows your Volkswagen better than we do: All cars will be worked on by experts who receive the latest Volkswagen training and have instant access to the most up-to-date Volkswagen tooling and technology.
- Free road test with a technician if required: In the event of a problem arising, customers will be offered a face-to-face road test to demonstrate their concerns to a qualified technician who can then assess the issue.
- A range of convenience services to suit your needs: Customers will be offered a courtesy car, a lift to work or home or a vehicle collection and delivery service as required and appropriate.
- Free car wash and vacuum: Every time a car is in a retailer or AR for a job taking over an hour, it will receive a complimentary wash and vacuum. If the job takes less than an hour, the customer can still request a free wash and vacuum.