AM Online

Saab sale back on the table

General Motors is evaluating more inquiries for Saab, despite already announcing it was winding down the business.

Previous bidder Spyker has made a renewed offer even after it stated that certain issues within the due diligence process could not be resolved.

The back and forth still leaves UK Saab dealers unsure of what will happen to the franchise in the near future.

GM has until 10pm tonight to accept the offer.

Spyker CEO Victor R Muller said today that an 11-point proposal had been submitted to GM, addressing each of the issues that arose during the due diligence process and that the renewed offer would remove each of the obstacles that were standing in the way of a swift transaction.

He said: "We have made every effort to resolve the issues that were preventing the conclusion of this matter and we have asked GM and all other involved parties to seriously consider this offer.

"We are very confident that our renewed offer will remove the impasse that was standing in the way of an agreement on Friday, and this would still allow us to conclude the deal prior to the expiry of the deadline originally set by GM of December 31."

Spyker said Saab would receive financial backing "to compete as a competitive global brand" if the deal was successful.

If you are not a registered user your comment will go to AM for approval before publishing. To avoid this requirement please register or login.

Comment as guest


Login  /  Register

Comments

No comments have been made yet.