Ford is launching a new Econetic version of its Transit van which is priced from £18,095, emits 189g/km of carbon dioxide and will do 39.2mpg.
The new model is aimed at companies that want to maximise fuel efficiency and is based on a 2.2-litre 115PS Duratorq TDCi Transit 280 panel van with short wheelbase.
Transit Econetic – what's different?
- Low friction oil
- Green gear shift indicator light
- Modified engine calibration
- Standard 70mph speed limiter
- Improvements over the standard 113bhp 280S of 24g/km CO2
- New low-drag wheel covers
The £750 option of a closed-loop, coated Diesel Particulate Filter (cDPF) enables the Transit Econetic to meet the Euro Stage V emissions standards.
In addition to the new Transit Econetic, an Econetic version of its compact workmate, the Fiesta Van, will also go on sale later this year.
Orders for the Transit Econetic are open now.