Peugeot has revealed details for its 5008 people carrier which will hit UK roads early next year.
Customers will be able to choose from five and seven-seater versions and it will feature “flat-folding” rear seat arrangement which enables all the rear passenger seats to be folded away into the floor.
A rear multimedia system will be available for passengers in the second row of seats. It consists of two seven-inch colour screens located in the back of the front seat head restraints; a connection console enables the connection of different types of mobile audio/video equipment and two Bluetooth wireless headsets.
There will be six engines available in the 5008 from launch - two petorl and four diesel.
The 5008 will receive its world premiere at this year’s Frankfurt Motor Show in September and will go on sale in the UK at the beginning of 2010.
Peugeot has highlighted new safety features which will be available with the 5008.
- Head-up display - provides driving information (speed, cruise control/speed limiter and distance alert) via a translucent panel which extends from the top of the instrument panel. The driver can view this information as though it was being projected on to the windscreen.
- Distance alert - a radar located behind the lower front bumper panel measures the distance between the vehicle in front and then transmits this data as a measurement of time in seconds, to the head-up display. The system, which can be set to maintain a distance of between 0.9s and 2.5s, informs the driver if they are driving too close to the car in front.
- Snow motion - adds a further function to the traditional traction control system, allowing the driver to move off on icy or snow-covered roads.
- Head / curtain air bag - covering all three rows of seats is available on seven seat versions.
- ESP, six air bags, automatic electric parking brake with ‘hill assist’ function, fasten seat belt warnings on all seats and tyre under-inflation detection.