Volkswagen Group UK has made key changes across its management team for the start of 2010 with all changes taking effect from February 1.
- Mary Newcombe departs Skoda to become head of learning services
- Chris Newitt leaves Volkswagen retail operations to head Skoda marketing
- Alex Smith takes over the helm at Volkswagen retail operations
- Dominic Elms assumes responsibility for group parts operations
- Huw David moves to head up Audi aftersales
Mary Newcombe moves from the position of head of marketing at Skoda UK to become head of learning services at the Volkswagen Group’s national learning centre at Wymbush in Milton Keynes.
Here she will be responsible for technical and aftersales training for the group’s dealer networks, as well as management of the facility itself. Newcombe has been with the Volkswagen Group for 19 years and in her latest role since 2002.
Chris Newitt will take over from Newcombe as Skoda’s marketing chief. He is currently head of retail operations at Volkswagen passenger cars, a position he has held for just over three years.
Alex Smith will take up the role of head of retail operations in Volkswagen passenger cars, leaving the position of head of group parts operations which he has held for two and a half years.
Succeeding Alex is Dominic Elms who is currently Audi head of aftersales and service.
Huw David will move to take up Elms’ position as Audi head of aftersales and service. David is currently Volkswagen Group’s head of service and technical and has been in the position for the last five years.