A Bugatti Veyron, one of the world’s most desirable supercars, was the star car in a BCA sale of 400 sports cars, coupes, performance vehicles, motorcycles and convertibles.
The stock was entered for sale by Lex Autolease and Black Horse and represented one of the most valuable open sales of contemporary vehicles ever staged in the UK.
Nearly 400 buyers registered for the sale at Blackbushe, with a further 231 bidding via BCA’s Live Online internet service.
Every vehicle on offer sold for a turnover of £7 million.
The 2006 Bugatti Veyron EB 16.4 fetched £625,000 – nearly 10% of the entire sale proceeds.
It represented a UK record value for a modern production car at auction and the highest value ever achieved by BCA on one vehicle.
Other strong sellers included:
- 0707 Subaru Impreza WRX STI 9K £15,000
- 0606 Mercedes-Benz GL500 46K £31,000
- 0353 VW Golf V6 R32 29K £9,500
- 0959 Ford Focus RS 6K £25,200
- 0707 Peugeot 307 CC HDi Sport 93K £7,800
- 0555 BMW 318 CI SE 38K £13,800
- 0808 Audi TT FSi Convertible 13K £22,600
- 0858 BMW M3 V8 DCT 38K £36,500
- 0808 Audi A5 TDi Quattro Sport Tiptronic 14K £27,500
- 0909 Audi A5 Cabriolet TFSi SE 15K £26,400
- 0606 Vauxhall Astra T 16v VXR 88K £7,400
- 0606 Porsche 911 Carrera 997 4S 33K £40,000