Arnold Clark starts 131 apprenticeships

Arnold Clark is starting 131 new modern apprentices this autumn, 13 of which are young people from the Prince’s Trust Scotland and some are long-term unemployed.

Arnold Clark which was recently awarded Modern Apprenticeship Employer of the Year at the Glasgow Business Awards, has also pledged its long-term commitment to continual modern apprenticeship employment.

Their scope includes motor vehicle mechanics and bodyshop and repairs, parts and customer service.

Sir Arnold Clark, chairman and chief executive of Arnold Clark Automobiles, said: “I was unable to find employment after I left the RAF and I understand how challenging it can be to find employment. I am delighted that my business can offer a long-term commitment to the on-going employment of modern apprentices.

“Modern apprenticeships are a proven way to train your workforce and can make organisations more productive, effective and competitive, especially in uncertain economic times.

"They not only highlight the employer’s dedication to developing and improving staff but also provide people with the skills necessary to do their jobs.”

Modern apprenticeships at Arnold Clark are funded by the Skills Development Scotland (SDS).

Arnold Clark commits an additional £500,000 for a further 10 weeks training and it commitment to on-going personal development to each and every apprentice.

The 131 Modern Apprentices will be trained at one of the GTG Training facilities, either in Glasgow or Edinburgh.

Comments

• Joseph Fagan - 23/05/2013 09:49

my name is joe and i am currently searching for an apprenticeship in the north lanarkshire area. seenn that arnold clarck where recruting ad thought i would apply

• tomseymour - 23/05/2013 09:52

@Joseph Fagan - Hi Joe - I would probably head to the Arnold Clark website to contact them there http://www.arnoldclark.com/careers/

• Kyle Wright - 23/05/2013 20:46

My name is kyle and I'm looking for an appreticeship at the moment working with cars or something to do with cars, it has to be in the glasgow are or near glasgow. I heard that Arnold Clark are offering appreticeships so I and wanting to apply.

• Colin Munro - 03/06/2013 21:05

My name is Colin,i have just finished college and I am looking for an apprenticeship working with cars. I have previous experience with cars and would really appreciate an apprenticeship with Arnold Clark.

• Anthony lynch - 06/06/2013 21:59

I seek a new career.

• Connor Graham - 12/06/2013 18:11

My name is Connor Graham, I'm a self-motivated team player with dedication to the tasks I'm assigned. Through education I've learned that I can work well under instruction or independently as a result of good communication skills with a thirst for knowledge. I'm an eager individual who is keen to learn and I adapt well to new surroundings with a can do attitude, I would sincerely appreciate the opportunity to have an apprenticeship with Arnold Clark based in Glasgow