Volkswagen and Kia have seen their adverts for the Passat and Picanto enter into the top 10 most watched video ads on YouTube in 2011.
VW’s advert focusses on a mini Darth Vader attempting to use the force and the Picanto features a tree swinging cat that can intimidate dogs.
Both are viral in nature and feature content that’s fun and interesting enough to be passed on to friends and colleagues which has seen them tot up 44,787,372 and 1,306,313 views respectively so far.
The top 10 videos ads on YouTube in 2011:
1. T-Mobile- The T-Mobile Royal Wedding
2. Google Chrome - Google Chrome: Jamal Edwards
3. ASOS - The ASOS Urban Tour in London- preview
4. VW - The Force: Volkswagen Commercial
5. Listerine - Listerine Mouth vs. Life
6. Kia - The New Kia Picanto
7. John Lewis - John Lewis Christmas Advert 2011
8. Twinings - Gets you back to you
9. Flora - Flora Cuisine Vernon & Gladys introduce new healthy way to cook
10. Nokia - Nokia N8 Pink - Freedom
Commenting on the whole results Dara Nasr, industry head of display for YouTube UK, said: “2011 has been a bumper year for online video advertising.
“Advertisers are increasingly taking advantage of the social nature of online video by creating ads that are likely to be shared, liked and commented on.”