Lookers has celebrated its first Guild of Excellence staff awards at a ceremony in Manchester with Paul Jenkinson from Sheffield Ford winning best general manager and dealership of the year.
The gala evening, held at the Hilton Manchester Deansgate, brought together winners of the various leagues to celebrate their commitment and contribution to Lookers.
Winners were based on performance measures including profit contribution as well as customer satisfaction.
Andy Bruce, Lookers managing director, said: “The Lookers Guild of Excellence Awards ceremony was an opportunity to show employees that their commitment to Lookers and our customers does not go unnoticed. It was a pleasure to be able to celebrate their success in this formal way. I feel very proud of everyone involved.”
The new scheme is open to all Lookers employees. A dedicated Guild website allows all staff members to see how they are performing in their respective leagues, which the group believes introduces a healthy element of competitive spirit.
In addition to the performance related awards throughout the year, staff, who are nominated by their colleagues for going beyond the call of duty, receive monthly awards in recognition of their contribution.
Winners of each Lookers Guild of Excellence award category:
- General Manager/Dealership of the Year sponsored by GardX- Paul Jenkinson from Sheffield Ford
- Sales Manager of the Year sponsored by The Warranty Group- James Tayler from Park Royal Land Rover
- Service Manager of the Year sponsored by Shell- Jason Hallam from Brighton Mercedes Benz
- Parts Manager sponsored by Autotrader- Cyril Morrison from Lisburn Vauxhall
- Bodyshop Manager of the Year sponsored by IRIS- Martin Sharratt from Blackburn VW
- Sales Person of the Year sponsored by Premia Solutions- Andrew Rowe from Chelmsford Land Rover
- Financial Controller of the Year sponsored by Deloitte- Sukh Khatkar from Tonbridge Mercedes Benz
- Business Manager of the Year sponsored by Santander- Matt Hine from Birkenhead Vauxhall