AM Online

Fire shock at Ford dealership

A Ford dealership suffered minor damage when a car parked outside caught fire.

The car showroom of Chard Ford, near Taunton in Somerset, suffered damage to its sign, windows and tarmac in the blaze, which is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault in the Ford Fiesta which was dropped off outside by a customer.

Two fire engines were quickly on the scene and prevented the fire from spreading.

Garage supervisor Luke Lawrence told local newspaper, the Chard and Ilminster Gazette, that the car's owner had brought it into the car dealer in the early hours of last Wednesday after a minor accident.

If you are not a registered user your comment will go to AM for approval before publishing. To avoid this requirement please register or login.

Comment as guest


Login  /  Register

Comments

No comments have been made yet.