Korean franchise SsangYong has added 10 new dealers to its UK network as it looks to fill more open points.
SsangYong sold 10 cars last year, but the franchise only relaunched in September after an 18-month restructuring period where supply stalled. The brand now has its Korando SUV which is taking the majority of sales and the brand sold 420 cars up to June this year.
SsangYong added a five-year limitless mileage warranty to dealers’ arsenals at the start of 2012.
The new appointments are:
1. Astley’s, Yeovil, Somerset
2. Chequered Flag, Attleborough, Norfolk
3. Colley Motor Group, Cwmbran, Gwent, South Wales
4. Henrys Glasgow, Glasgow
5. Littlewick Green Motor Company, Swindon, & service centre in Maidenhead
6. Maple Garage, Mappleton, Hornsea, East Yorkshire
7. Ness Motors Limited, Inverness
8. SsangYong West London, Barnes, London
9. Turners, Crawley, Sussex
10. Westaway Motors, Spratton, Northamptonshire
Paul Williams, SsangYong Motor UK chief executive, said: “We are continuing to look for dealers to take on the franchise in a number of open points across England, Scotland and Wales, including: Aberdeen, Borders, Newcastle, Teesside, Leeds, Bradford, Nottingham, Greater Manchester, Liverpool, Coventry, Watford, Leicester, Reading, Exeter, Southampton, London/South East, Mid & North Wales.
“We keep things simple yet professional, and with short lines of communication, quick decisions are assured.
“We offer dealer-selected objectives, competitive and straightforward dealer margins, all backed by a full range of support including a floorplan facility that is not linked to retail finance, plus a good parts supply. We expect to announce a number of further appointments in the near future.”