MG hopes new supermini will be a conquest success

MG will unveil its new MG3 supermini at an invite only event at MG Birmingham in Longbridge on June 12.

It will then be publicly shown for the first time at the MG Live! event at Silverstone on June 15 and 16.

Guy Jones, sales & marketing director of MG Motor UK, believes the new car will attract a new group of customers to the MG brand for the first time.

He said: “This new MG3 is a great package for the increasing number of European customers looking for a stylish small car, that's affordable and practical to own.

“This is a car that that MG enthusiasts and dealers across Europe have been waiting for, but more significantly it will bring a whole new group of customers to the MG brand for the first time.”

The new model will go on sale in the UK later this year ready for the September plate-change and MG is looking to attract B-segment customers used to personalising their cars.

In addition to a “wide range” of body colours, more customisable options will be available including roof, side and bonnet graphics. Interior trims, wheels, vents, surrounds and mats will all be available in a choice of designs, colours and finishes.

The new model is powered by a 103bhp version of MG’s VTi-TECH petrol engine mated to a five-speed manual transmission.

The MG3 will sit alongside the MG6 in the range and will be available across MG’s network of 29 franchised dealers in the UK.

Click here for manufacturer best practice and procurement insight

Comments

• Julian White - 06/06/2013 12:51

MG Live is the worlds premiere International MG event run by the MG Car Club. Open to all a great fun day out

• Paul - 06/06/2013 17:16

Everybody's seen it already big news 3 years ago it was shown

• Craig England - 07/06/2013 19:06

@Paul - In a completely different spec. This is the European market version and has not been seen before.

• Chilli pepper - 07/06/2013 02:45

Lets hope MG's new baby is better than The MG6,recently described by Jeremy Clarkson "As a truly dreadful Car!!!" I wonder if The MG3 will double sales for the brand?!!! They may smash through the teens and perhaps sell 20 a month!!!!

• Craig England - 07/06/2013 19:08

@Chilli pepper - Clarksons review was a joke and an insult. It was also described by many British motoring based magazines as 'borderline best in class to drive', which I think we can all agree isnt bad for a first attempt under the new owners.

• Gavin Oxbury L.C.G.I., M.I.F.L., A.E.E., M.I.M.I., M.S.O.E., .M.I.R.T.E. - 07/06/2013 12:25

Why are MG not making a more prominent marketing strategy? if they wish to become a volume car retailer people need to know what's going on. I sincerely wish them well but hardly anyone knows they are here, where I live i have an area of the city where all major dealers have showrooms, if i was in a position to buy a new car then I could choose from many brand's for MG i would have to travel 15 miles which makes no sense to me