Mitsubishi is bringing back its Lancer Evolution X FQ for its 40th anniversary year in the UK with a 440bhp special edition priced at £50,000.
Mitsubishi will only be producing 40 models and Lance Bradley, managing director for Mitsubishi Motors in the UK, said it would be the last time the model would be available as the factory in Japan will no longer be producing the model.
Bradley said: “The Lancer Evolution has always been a halo model for Mitsubishi and this special edition is no exception.
“More powerful than ever before and with a very limited availability, it will be a ‘must have’ for all die-hard Evolution fans.”
The Lancer Evolution X FQ-440 MR features a bespoke engine ECU re-map developing 440bhp at 6,800rpm and 412 lb.ft at 3,100rpm and is packed with specification, as you would imagine for the £50,000 price tag.
The special editions will only be available in frost white.
Servicing schedules will consist of an initial 1,000 mile oil change, with further service intervals at 4,500 miles or six months, whichever comes first. The FQ-440 come with a three year or 36,000 mile warranty.
- HKS turbo
- Janspeed exhaust system and performance upgrades
- Six-speed twin clutch sports shift transmission
- Four-wheel drive system with Mitsubishi’s super-all wheel control system
- Keyless entry with push button start
- Forged 18-inch BBS alloy wheels
- Bi-xenon headlights with adaptive front-lighting system (AFS)
- Front fog lamps
- PIAA motorsport silicone windscreen wiper blades
- Recaro branded leather bucket seats
- Rockford Fosgate premium audio with SD card based music server – eight speakers + subwoofer
- Leather sports steering wheel with audio and cruise controls
- SD Card based navigation system with seven-inch LCD touch screen
- Airbags – dual front, side, curtain and driver’s knee SRS airbags
- Bluetooth handsfree system with music streaming
- High contrast LCD display
- Climate control
- USB terminal
All vehicles will be fitted with a data recorder which is connected through the on-board diagnostic (OBD) system. This will record details such as driving style, performance, vehicle diagnostics, and present location. Details of the data will be available to both CCC and the registered owner of the vehicle. The fitment of, and reporting of data from this device is a condition of the vehicle warranty. A three year subscription to the service is included in the vehicle price.