AM Online

Boys in blue go green with Wessex Garages

Andy Provis, group fleet manager at Wessex Garages

Wessex Garages have supplied seven electric Nissan Leafs to the Gloucestershire Constabulary after the force vowed to reduce its emissions.

Until now, 89.32% of the 412 vehicle run by Wessex’s local police force were diesel, with the remaining 10.68% petrol-powered.

But after collecting three marked and three unmarked Nissan Leaf EVs from Wessex’s dealership on Mercia Road, Gloucester, the boys in blue are going green.

Andy Provis, group fleet manager at Wessex Garages, said: “We are delighted that the Gloucestershire Constabulary have invested in seven of Nissan’s 100% electric Leafs.

“There are many benefits of switching to an electric vehicle such as the low running costs and of course the environmental aspects.

The world’s best-selling EV, the Nissan Leaf is now available with a 30kW battery option, which claims to deliver a range of up to 150 miles.

Martin Surl, Gloucestershire’s police and crime commissioner, said: “The police are big car users with the vast majority of its fleet currently running on diesel engines.

“I believe the police can and should make an important contribution to reducing emissions by using cleaner vehicles.”

If you are not a registered user your comment will go to AM for approval before publishing. To avoid this requirement please login.

Comment as guest


Login  /  Register

Comments

No comments have been made yet.