AM has just edited its best practice guide on dealership management. I pulled these tips on avoiding queues at your service reception I thought might prompt some thought:
• The best way to avoid queues is to tackle it head on
• Pre booked customers have envelopes sent to their homes for them to complete and hand in on fast track receptions
• Educate customers to appointments just like the dentist, or visiting the hairdresser
• Educate customers into ‘while you wait’ servicing and put two men on the job
• Set up collection & delivery programmes as the norm rather than on the basis of customers having to ask
• Finally when presenting customers with an invoice ensure that it sells benefits. If the car has been washed show it on the invoice as free of charge. If you have disposed of four old tyres cost free, show it on the invoice.
If you would like to know more about this best practice guide and the number of others we produce please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.