Are you an experienced Transporter Driver who is keen to join our
2-car team and interested in being part of a supportive team who will
know your name and not just your driver number? We’re offering good
rates of pay, plenty of work and excellent in-house induction and
We are a rapidly expanding UK-wide vehicle logistics and fleet
management company looking for a 2-car Transporter Driver to be based
out of our Bedford Depot.
Our transporter team is a close-knit operation, working within our
main logistics department. Our fleet is relatively small but you will
be fully supported by an experienced team of planners and
co-ordinators who aim to make your week run as smoothly as possible.
We appreciate that a life on the road can make you feel distant from
your depot-based colleagues so we keep you connected through app-based
company communications and HR tools to enable you to do everything
from keeping up-to-date with company news and information, to booking
annual leave, as well as keeping up-to-date with online training
modules. Our annual driver and employee surveys will enable you to
give us valuable feedback from your perspective.
You must have the following:
* 7.5t Licence or class 1 as applicable with Trailer rights
* Transporter experience is essential
* CPC Card
Your responsibilities include:
* Ensure transporters are roadworthy and comply with legal
* Ensure the safety and security of the vehicles.
* Comply with Safe Loading and Health and Safety Laws at all times.
* Communicate with external customers and liaise with internal
customers where appropriate.
* Perform vehicle condition checks and record any visible damage.
* Provide cover at other sites when required.
* Plan efficient routes.
* Make contact with the customer in a timely manner and keep updated
with any delays or changes.
* To comply with all Tachograph laws and requirements.
We’re looking for a professional driver who takes a pride in their
work and can respond to the demands of a busy operation. A driver who
will wear their uniform with pride and support the team’s ongoing
success. Our team are looking for a driver who is keen to join a
stable operation, and work alongside some drivers who have been with
us for many years.
We’re offering an attractive package which includes:
* Competitive salary, plus car bonus
* 23 days annual leave + bank holidays,
* Pension after 3 months
* Free onsite parking
* Employee discount schemes
* Access to preferential rates on vehicle leasing
* Annual leave purchase scheme (with qualifying period)
* Cycle to Work scheme (with qualifying period)
* Tech Benefits (with qualifying period)
* Childcare vouchers (with qualifying period)
You can apply this job via clicking the button below.